Thursday, May 13, 2010

Summer Reading

The summer! Oh how I love the fresh air, the warm sun dazzling without a cloud in sight :) this would be the one time out of the year where stress isn't in my vocabulary and I can just relax! The best way to read in the summer is while in the sun on a porch swing. It's relaxing and peaceful and is an enjoyable way to spend your time while reading. But... choosing books for me to read is most definitely not a walk in the park. I'm a horribly picky reader and it usually takes me a while to find a good book that I can just enjoy and read for fun without feeling like I absolutely have to read it.

So for me this is a pretty tuff decision. But a book that I'm really considering reading over the summer is The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolken. But instead of just reading the first book out of the series I'll probably end up reading all of them. But I probably won't end up finishing them all by the end of the summer. The reason I want to read the series is mostly because of how me and my sister used to watch the movies. and from what I've heard is that the books are even better so I'm pretty positive that it'll be an amazing book!

The second book that I'd probably put on my reading list is the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. Yeah... I know. Kindof surprising that I haven't already read these books right? So i was just thinking why not read them now while I have some free time on my hands. But that's not the main reason for why I want to read them. It's mostly because I love the movies and how creatively they were made!! But they didn't start out with the movies. It was the books that came first. So surly they must be better then the movies! At least that's what I've heard. But I know I'll enjoy them because of the suspense and the uniqueness of the books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment