Friday, May 21, 2010

Essay Writing

Recently, writing essays has become an easier process for me. I've been able to write them with more ease and with less stress in mind. It's almost become a routine for me as writing essays becomes a more frequent process. Analyzing literature i find to be extremely important. What I've found out about what I've been missing in between the lines while reading books has both surprised me and has caught my interest. How much I have realized I can get out of a book has lead me to life lessons that are either useful or has expanded my knowledge of others perspectives. But analyzing literature is most definitely not an easy process. At times you may even be looking so deep into the writing within the book that you find yourself going beyond what the author intended for you to see. During these times, you might actually find more use out of your findings then what most people can be able to interpret within the literature. How you're able to dig deep into the author's writings is through figurative language, motif's, themes, character development, and such things that the author intentionally uses for you to discover so that you may get more out of the book then what's just surface level material.

In my essay, they were some challenges I had to confront with the topic I chose for my thesis. The one thing my thesis made me struggle with the most is being able to dig deeper into Romeo and Juliet. It was extremely frustrating that I wasn't able to figure it out with such ease that I've had in previous essays. This topic was much different and seemed more surface level than the topics that I could've chosen. But I'm really hoping for the best with the commentary I wrote for my concrete details. Another thing I seem to struggle with at times is word choice and not being repetitive with the point I'm trying to get across. But through this essay, I feel that I've gotten better at not being as repetitive as before in my previous essays. These things are really the only things that I have the most concern about. But I am putting great effort into figuring out how I can use the authors intentions to support my thesis to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment