Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Reading

When i first open the pages of a book that doesn't capture my fascination or confuses me i simply give the characters in the book an accent or a unusual voice that makes it sound more interesting and intense. i absolutely love to read, it's like watching a movie in your head except your the one who gets to decide what everything looks like using the words that describe the people, places, and things that are in the book. But i do tend to be a very picky reader. when the story gets confusing or i feel like ive missed something i just go back and read the section again.
When my ideal reading place that is free of distractions isn't available to me i try closing out everything that is around me and focus on the book that is in front of me. Whenever this isn't possible and everything around me is just too much of a distraction i tend to read the book without processing whats going on so then i have to reread the section that i missed.
I like reading in quiet places with few distractions and no people around me. I hate reading in places where there is the slitest bit of noise, it's too distracting and i love really getting into a good book because it makes me feel like im in the characters position, but when those distractions are around me it's extremely dificult to read. i love reading drama's and adventures, and books that draw you in and capture your attention right from the start. I absolutely adore books that take you into the unknown and lets you experience things that are outside of reality, books that expand your imagination and let you dream the impossible.
I read fiction because it extends my imagination beyond the worlds expectations for how things should be. It opens my mind to a new reality and of how things would be if the world was different. It expands my thoughts of what is possible. Fiction lets me dream of things that aren't possible but of what exists outside the box. Outside of the box is a different world of different adventures and some of happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment